CLOUDS OVER PURBECK

CLOUDS OVER PURBECK
CLICK THE CLOUDS TO LEAVE A COMMENT

WELCOME SKYWATCHERS

WELCOME SKYWATCHERS
CLICK THE EMBLEM TO SEE SKIES ROUND THE WORLD

From Lucy - Steps at Castle Cove - For My World Tuesday




I like the way the title 'My World Tuesday' is ambiguous because it reflects the way our inner and outer realities often overlap.

These wooden steps are at Castle Cove, Dorset in England. They link a sandy beach with a wooded cliff top. There used to be a path along the cliff but landslips have taken it away.

Whichever direction one walks on these steps - whether up or down - one feels one is setting off for somewhere exotic and exciting. However many times I go up them (or down) I feel as if I am entering a new world; a world of fiction and adventure. And this is despite the fact that nothing ever happens there. I walk up. I walk down. That's it. No change. No adventure. Just up and down-ness. But I always feel as if . . . .


Sometimes I wonder if the steps are getting a bit rickety - whether I might arrive one day only to find they have gone.

Just like life really.

For other contributions to - My World Tuesday . . . go exploring!

21 comments:

Jim August 24, 2009 at 10:53 PM  

Yes, up and down. I know what you mean.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Sylvia K August 24, 2009 at 11:23 PM  

I do relate -- I have a place like this, too! Great shot, does stir the imagination!

Enjoy!

Sylvia

Gaelyn August 25, 2009 at 3:41 AM  

Looks like a mysterious place to get some exercise. Nice capture and post.

DeniseinVA August 25, 2009 at 4:39 AM  

Love that photo, and would love to find out where those steps lead in either direction. Thanks for sharing.

Arija August 25, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

They do have the feel of the wardrobe with the old fur coats in it. Who knows, one day you may end up in a parallel universe.

Monica the Garden Faerie August 25, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

Nice photo. LOL, I shouldn't worry about them being gone when you arrive, only about them going with you on them! :)

Esther Garvi August 25, 2009 at 6:26 PM  

What a lovely shot!

3c August 25, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

Hello Jim.

I'm not thinking of up and down in a happy / sad, things going fine then with problems kind of way . . . more of the ordinary, rocking, mundane-ness of life . . . but which is then spiced with the idea that adventure is just around the corner.

3c August 25, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

Sylvia - what is 'your place' like? . . . the one which is like the steps in my photo?

3c August 25, 2009 at 10:02 PM  

Gaelyn - I like your suggestion that the wooden steps would be a mysterious place to get some exercise. The flight is even longer than is evident in the picture - so perhaps I should set out for it each day as a way of getting fit.

3c August 25, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

Denise - Perhaps I will go back one day and take a photo in each direction. Then you will know!

3c August 25, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

Arija - I really like the idea of comparing these steps with 'The Wardrobe'. I shall never walk up or down again them without bearing all your comments in mind. They will never be the same from now on. They have been transformed!

3c August 25, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

Monica - your suggestion will be one of the things I will think of when I walk down these stairs in the future. I often wonder how long they will last and the idea will be even closer to the front of my mind from now on. If I vanish some time from the bloggersphere . . . perhaps you will guess what has happened!

3c August 25, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

Thanks Esther Garvi. I'm glad you like the photo of the wooden steps.

Bim August 26, 2009 at 12:23 AM  

Well, if there was no adventure yet then there will most probably be one at some point!

James August 26, 2009 at 1:18 AM  

Very nice picture.

Rajesh August 26, 2009 at 4:36 AM  

Marvelous shot.

Indrani August 27, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

Some places have a charm of its own,just being there pleases the inner self. Great mood described. :)

3c August 28, 2009 at 4:04 PM  

Bim - hello.

Maybe you are right and an adventure will turn up.

I like the idea of a 'Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' style one, as Arija suggests.

On the other hand, the coast round here is jsut a bit west of where the 'Famous Five' stories were set. Maybe something like that would be safer!

3c August 28, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

James and Rajesh.

Glad you like the photo of the steps.

3c August 28, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

Hello Indrani.

You too are right. An adventure isn't essential. Just being in a place like this is (almost!) enough in itself.