CLOUDS OVER PURBECK

CLOUDS OVER PURBECK
CLICK THE CLOUDS TO LEAVE A COMMENT

WELCOME SKYWATCHERS

WELCOME SKYWATCHERS
CLICK THE EMBLEM TO SEE SKIES ROUND THE WORLD

From Lucy - LEAVES DRYING - for Monochrome Weekly



Dry leaves, flaked into dust, make wonderful compost. Here, they are waiting for the miracle to happen. It's a bit like paint drying - only the patterns are better!

For more monochrome photos - Monochrome Weekly. (It's worth it!)


Lucy Corrander is taking a break from her regular blog Pictures Just Pictures - but she'll be back there in the autumn.

8 comments:

Monica the Garden Faerie September 7, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

Love the textures here!

Anonymous September 7, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

That is quite an image - and I do like to see large pictures.

3c September 7, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

Hello Monica.

I think perhaps we should take more black and white photos of plants than we generally do - for that very reason - that it brings greater attention to the texture.

3c September 7, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

Hello Aileni. Glad you like the photo of the leaves drying.

I might ask you for advice sometime on adjusting the size of photos within the main text of blogs. I haven't yet managed to do this without unintentionally lopping bits off or ruining the quality of the picture. That's why I did the large version here as a 'gadget'.

Rune Eide September 8, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

It does have very nice patterns that you probably wouldn't have noticed in b & w., but I'd rather watch paint peel than dry :-)

PS That was the title of my former monochrome weekly.

3c September 8, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

Hello Rune. Like many others, I'm very pleased to have found your blog.

Bim September 11, 2009 at 11:39 AM  

They look handsome - dry leaves make me sneeze, though...and crisp as the image is, I can feel a tickling in my nose :)

3c September 16, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

Dry leaves don't make me sneeze, Bim - I love the smell and they make me think of wonderful autumn days and bonfires. It's sweet-peas which make me sneeze. I'm not a summer person!

But I'm glad your nose tickles when you see this photograph. That's a pretty good compliment!