CLOUDS OVER PURBECK

CLOUDS OVER PURBECK
CLICK THE CLOUDS TO LEAVE A COMMENT

WELCOME SKYWATCHERS

WELCOME SKYWATCHERS
CLICK THE EMBLEM TO SEE SKIES ROUND THE WORLD

From Lucy - The Tunnel-Double - For My World Tuesday



I took this photo in an old railway tunnel which is now part of a public path.

The image is blurred and double because I moved the camera by mistake. I have another photo with the same view but with a crisper image but I don't like that one anywhere near as much. The blur makes it more like a painting. Not only that but a shifting perspective is part of my everyday life so this photo fits well for 'My World Tuesday'.

The alcove in the wall is where railway workers would have found safety from passing trains. I like that thought; of there being nooks in one's life which are places of safety when the steam trains of life go hurtling by. (Sometimes, I can't help sounding like an Alan Bennet Sermon! ('Beyond the Fringe')



Lucy is having a break from her regular blog at present (until the autumn) but you can see more of her photos by clicking HERE.

For other participants in 'My World Tuesday' - Click HERE or on the button at the top of this blog.





8 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy August 17, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

3c: That certainly is a neat view in the cave.
BTW: Please remember to put you country on the log-in. I have added it. FG/MW Team

3c August 17, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

Apologies and thanks, Fishing Guy.

Thanks for the visit.

Anonymous August 17, 2009 at 9:21 PM  

I sometimes add blur to my images to get to where I want the photo to be.

See you next week.

SandyCarlson August 17, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

I like this very, very much!

DeniseinVA August 18, 2009 at 4:04 AM  

This is an enjoyable and interesting image, thanks for sharing it.

mrsnesbitt August 18, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

Railways are of great interest here. Hubby's dad worked in the offices and hubby himself is a keen enthusuast and does some engineering work for the north york moors railway! Heaven for him and he gets paid for playing with trains! lol!

LadyFi August 18, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Cool photo. I imagine this is what it looks like as you're rattling past it on the train!

Elisabeth's bright side August 20, 2009 at 12:05 PM  

A wonderfully spooky picture with "broad brushstrokes".