CLOUDS OVER PURBECK

CLOUDS OVER PURBECK
CLICK THE CLOUDS TO LEAVE A COMMENT

WELCOME SKYWATCHERS

WELCOME SKYWATCHERS
CLICK THE EMBLEM TO SEE SKIES ROUND THE WORLD

From Lucy - ROUGH PLANKS OF STAINED WOOD - For My World Tuesday



People who have children won't need to read this . . . nor will people who are ill more than once a year . . . for they will already know what life looks like from ground level or from in the middle where their pillows are. But for everyone else . . . I recommend lieing on the ground sometimes and looking round. See what the dangers are. See what the colours are. See the structures . . . Sometimes the scene is boring; sometimes things which are, at first sight, without interest or repetitive turn out to be very interesting indeed - like these planks which are helping keep a bank up.

You might like to travel the world to catch glimpses into the lives of other bloggers My World Tuesday.

This photo is also shown at Lucy Corrander's Blog - Pictures Just Pictures

12 comments:

Gwendolyn L September 22, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

That's an interesting idea. I'll try that later today. This is a unique picture - very imaginative. Thanks for sharing.

Angie September 22, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

and watch out for splinters....
I could lay around all day with a camera & see all sorts of things. Good photo. Thanks.

Unknown September 22, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

One great thing about photography is that it opens our eyes so we see so much more than we used to before we began taking pictures.

James September 22, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

Intereting post. Recently I have been mentioning to my wife that I've noticed that I see the world in a very different way than I did as a child. Hence I've been doing just what you recomended. Also I have been taking the time to really notice the things around above and below me.

Sylvia K September 22, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

What an interesting post! And, yes, I find that once I got hooked on photography (eight months ago) I tend to see everything differently and I'm always looking out for "that" shot! I find, in particular, I'm always looking for shadow shots! It does make you more aware of "your world" and all its nuances!

Sylvia

Gaelyn September 22, 2009 at 8:57 PM  

Thanks for the reminder to look at the world in a different way. I like the boards.

Paulo Camacho September 22, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

I like your photos and blog too. I will follow it. But, if can, I think you can win more if you change the 3 column. You have wonderfull photos but they very mixed.
If you have time you can visit my photo blog
http://funchaldailyphoto.blogspot.com
Not to do the same. Only to know my city.
I hope you enjoy it.
regards,
Paulo Camacho

eileeninmd September 22, 2009 at 11:24 PM  

IOntersting post and thanks for sharing.

Pat September 23, 2009 at 12:35 AM  

I'm always looking up at the sky now that I've become a Skywatch junkie!

Those planks are a pretty color--makes a unique photo.

If you want a laugh, go to my blog for Tuesday and click on the links. My toddler grandson will make you laugh!

Catherine September 23, 2009 at 4:40 AM  

great picture and like the advice of switching perspectives from time to time...

J September 23, 2009 at 4:54 PM  

Yeah, I often get an odd look as I crouch down to change my perspective...one of the many joys of photography.

3c October 1, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

I've just noticed I didn't reply to ANY of the comments you kindly left on the photo of the 'Rough Planks of Stained Wood' for 'My World Tuesday'. Many apologies. I appreciate all your comments very much - look forward to them, indeed. It's just that I wandered off to look at the blogs of people who commented . . . and others which I like too . . . and never came back to respond here.

Anyway - many thanks to everyone. I hope it's ok to send you a general notice like this!

Best wishes

Lucy

P.S. I'll try harder to remember to come back next time! Oh dear! L.