CLOUDS OVER PURBECK

CLOUDS OVER PURBECK
CLICK THE CLOUDS TO LEAVE A COMMENT

WELCOME SKYWATCHERS

WELCOME SKYWATCHERS
CLICK THE EMBLEM TO SEE SKIES ROUND THE WORLD

AN INTRODUCTION TO THE THIRD COLUMN - by Esther (Montgomery)

This may, or may not, work.

I was fiddling around with gadgets and the looks of things when I came up with the idea of making a window - so people can climb through to a selection of Dorset blogs . . .

. . . not a very wide group of blogs admittedly, not at present anyway - but the blogs written by me and my neighbours, Lucy ((Loose and Leafy and Pictures Just Pictures) and Mary (Hugh and Camellia).

They've got different readerships, this group of blogs, but there is an overlap and a window might be useful for overlappers. And a way in for new readers too.

Then, having decided to make a window, I began to wonder whether I might have an advert on it . . . for people to come to Dorset . . . or buy magazines about Dorset . . . something like that.

I wouldn't have adverts on other blogs - ones that aren't windows. Nor would Lucy or Mary. And all our other blogs will trundle on undisturbed and as usual. But a window is like a shop front - which might have notices about cleaners and gardeners on the glass. You wouldn't expect to have the same little cards stuck on your apples, bananas or books though.

Do you see what I mean?

That's a warning. You might not want to have anything to do with such a place. (You could wear a gas mask, I suppose.) (Or wellies.) (Or a bee-keeper's suit.)

But here it is.

The Third Column

This is (more or less) the same post as the one appearing on Esther's Boring Garden Blog - and all the other elements here are bits and bobs from elsewhere too - but that's the idea - and I stuck them on (as if it's a scrap-book) to make it look like the beginning of something (which it is).

Opinions welcome.

Esther


0 comments: