CLOUDS OVER PURBECK

CLOUDS OVER PURBECK
CLICK THE CLOUDS TO LEAVE A COMMENT

WELCOME SKYWATCHERS

WELCOME SKYWATCHERS
CLICK THE EMBLEM TO SEE SKIES ROUND THE WORLD

SKY AND OAK AND AN OLD TIN CAN

I don't know why I felt compelled to rush out and take photos of the sky this morning, especially since I had decided not to do much blogging over the summer but, as The Fairy Queen (in 'Iolanthe')says of her love for Captain Shaw, "I know it's weakness but the weakness is so strong' - and I couldn't resist.

We had planned to walk in The New Forest (in Hampshire) today but the forecast was for blustery showers and we didn't go. We've got the blusters but not the showers. Perfect weather - except we are not in The New Forest. Never mind. It's been there for several hundred years (and has been waiting for a new name for nearly all of them) and it can wait.

If one goes out with a camera in a rush, little can be expected other than snaps. Here they are.

First, I lifted the camera above my head so the lens was facing directly up - and pressed the button. This is what the camera saw.


Next, I pointed it at an oak twig - and got this.


Then I went to the beach and saw a beer can on a rock (teenagers party there in the evenings)and took its portrait.



One morning. Some sky. Another week. Another Skywatch. Another resolve broken!
For Skywatch Photgraphs all round the world - Click HERE
_____

You can find Lucy's photo blogs at Pictures Just Pictures

7 comments:

Pollyanna August 28, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

Very interesting pictures! I particularly like the view in the second one.

Feel free to visit me: Picture This . . .

Louise August 28, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

I normally cringe when I see trash, but that beer can really made a great picture!

Regina August 28, 2009 at 6:50 PM  

Great skies!

Pat August 28, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

Beautiful puffy clouds in #1! Yes, the beer can against the sky and sea is interesting.

Monica the Garden Faerie August 28, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

It's Australian for beer!

Oh, hi.

There's also an excellent Etta James song, Strongest Weakness. Same idea. Love both thoughts!

Elizabeth Musgrave August 28, 2009 at 11:56 PM  

Love your pictures. I especially like the oak leaf one. I also like your wooden steps below. I so understand about the sense of walking into another world. we uncovered some steps here which felt as though they led somewhere. Just steps I suppose, but they didn't feel like that.

Hildegarde September 2, 2009 at 12:03 AM  

You could label them : Lucy and the sky (in analogy with the Lucy in the sky song) I like your approach.